Tax Audit Support
на русском языке
Tax audits are a part of doing business in any jurisdiction. In Kazakhstan, a tax audit can be intimidating for the uninitiated. However, the audit process can be easier with proper preparation and the right advice.
Types of Audits:
- A thorough inspection of your compliance with all (or most) taxes and other obligatory payments to the Budget
- A review of your compliance restricted to particular tax(es) or obligatory payment(s) to the Budget
- A review of your affairs to assist in the audit of your transactions with a third party as part of the audit of that third party
- An inspection aimed at collecting additional information as part of processing taxpayer appeals
Consequences of Audits:
- Additional taxes or other obligatory payments
- Fines and penalties assessed
- Bank accounts frozen, funds confiscated
- Tax authorities seize funds from your debtors (clients)
- Property liens, seizure, forced sale
- Forced issue of shares (Joint Stock Companies)
- Involvement of Financial Police
PwC has experienced specialists with a long history of defending client’s interests during tax audits in Kazakhstan. We can offer you expert advice and practical support at all points throughout the tax audit and appeal process.
PwC can help you in the following ways:
- Tax compliance review prior to tax audit (health check);
- Tax authority procedural review;
- On-site assistance during tax audit, including document control support;
- Assistance in appeals process: identify/research arguments, draft appeals;
- Support throughout appeals processes.